Salary dependent on experience
The primary function of this post to lead the Centre’s strategy to develop partnerships with, and maximise income from corporates. This will include leading the Centre’s business development and corporate fundraising teams to generate increased income, utilization and collaboration, creating new opportunities for the Centre and ensuring that the best possible service is offered at all times.
• To drive forward the development objectives and achieve the department and organisation’s mission and vision, managing the departmental budget and overall spending within agreed limits
• Work closely with the Leadership Team, owning and developing processes that provide benefit to the performance of the Centre
• Effective management of the team and ongoing development of policy implementation in line with current best practice and legislation
• To embed the Centre’s values and vision in all areas of responsibility through team meetings, appraisals, training evaluation
• Successful delivery of all business critical projects
• To collaborate successfully with the Head of Philanthropy and Cultural Leader Business Performance to create a cohesive and efficient Development department
• Responsibilities for the team will include the full range of supervisory duties including nurturing, training, performance management through mentoring and coaching and adherence to Centre policies
• To create and deliver a strategy which will achieve agreed ambitious annual income targets from corporates through cash and in-kind support
• Work closely with the Head of Food & Beverage and Cultural Leader Business Performance to identify and implement sales strategies for expanding and developing the commercial event hire business in line with the Centre’s strategic plan, maximising financial yield from the theatres, conference rooms, bars, restaurant and resident spaces, also working to maximize catering sales.
• To devise and deliver a strategy for developing group booking relationships and maximizing the income generated from group sales
• To take responsibility for securing new business leads and partners across all areas of responsibility
• To plan the resource needs to deliver the teams targets and business requirements
• To oversee a system of information management for all corporate activity
• To look for opportunities to drive sales and visitor footfall through innovative events that contribute to the success and reputation of the Centre
• To carry out market research and competitor analysis as required, to find new business in targeted markets, as directed and from own research.
For more information and to apply, visit www.wmc.org.uk
Closing date: 7 November 2015