Circa £36,000 and an excellent benefits package
Art on the Underground brings extraordinary art to the daily lives of Londoners. The programme commissions leading artists on a huge range of projects – live performance works, temporary projects and major permanent works. London Underground has worked with leading artists and designers throughout its history. Art on the Underground continues in this tradition. The programme responds to London now, bringing ambitious art to everyone travelling across the city.
The programme is delivered by a dedicated team led by the Head of Art on the Underground. There is an exciting opportunity to join the team as Curator, working on this internationally recognised visual arts programme.
You will have a degree or equivalent experience in contemporary arts or a related cultural field. With proven relevant work experience in the sector, you will have built up excellent knowledge of contemporary visual arts and the wider cultural sector. You will be able to manage a number of projects simultaneously, prioritising your work and maintaining a flexible approach. You will have good experience in collaborative team working, and be passionate about bringing ambitious contemporary art to a huge public audience.
- Knowledge of public transport issues in general and the structure of the public transport industry in London.
- Knowledge of the characteristics of the London travel market and the different customer groups.
- Knowledge of all relevant legislation.
- An appreciation of relevant national and corporate standards, guidelines and processes.
- An appreciation of the business case development process.
- An appreciation of financial reporting and cost control processes.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to engage with operational staff to understand how cultural projects can enhance our customers experience of LU.
- Ability to use Microsoft office.
- Experience in coordinating cultural programmes.
- Demonstrable experience in leading, developing and collaborative team working.
- Understanding of the impact of Cultural activity on business processes.
- Experience of delivering a prioritised work programme, and planning accordingly.
- Experience of extracting, using and interpreting the output from market data, research and analysis.
- Experience of analysing different data and information sources and producing targeted management information reports.
- Experience of communicating ideas and analysis effectively, using a wide variety of tools and presentation formats.
- Experience of working collaboratively, efficiently and consistently and with a flexible approach.
- Experience of participating in multiple teams and actively working to several different managements requests simultaneously.
Excellent benefits include:
- 30 days’ holiday plus public and bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Free Tube travel for you and a nominee
- 75% off season tickets
- Discounted Eurostar travel
- Pay for Performance
- Private medical benefit
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: Sunday 10 April 2016 at 23.00.
We aspire to be as diverse as the city we serve, we welcome applications from all sections of the community.