The Story Museum, Oxford
Contract: Full time, permanent contract
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (flexible working arrangements possible)
The Story Museum is looking for a new exhibitions manager to oversee and help upkeep the gallery spaces in our most unusual museum. The postholder will lead on overseeing the rolling upkeep of gallery spaces, alongside oversight for the design and delivery of new spaces and temporary exhibitions. The postholder will also explore opportunities for the touring of existing and upcoming exhibits.
This is a key role within the Creative Programme Team, working closely with the Senior Management Team, freelance writers, makers and other creatives and with line management responsibility for the Exhibitions Assistant.
- Experience of engaging family audiences through exhibitions, installations or immersive experiences
- Experience in handling museum objects and awareness of current good practice in conservation and display.
- Experience of managing and coordinating a multidisciplinary team of staff, creative practitioners and contractors to deliver projects on time, on budget and to agreed quality standards
- Digital Design skills such as Adobe Photoshop or similar plus strong IT skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Excellent organisational skills, and proven ability to prioritise a busy workload
To apply, download the full job description, person specification, applicant information and recruitment monitoring form from www.storymuseum.org.uk/vacancies.
Closing date for applications 5pm Monday 9 October 2023