The Senior Digital Marketing Manager owns our paid digital channels, running campaigns to drive engagement and sales for a range of Gallery products. The ideal candidate is a digital marketing specialist who has experience planning and implementing paid activity. You’ll be a team player, advising colleagues how paid channels can be used to achieve business goals.
You’ll use your technical knowledge about advertising platforms and analytics tools to run campaigns in-house, or with agencies as appropriate. A focus on test and learn, and performance monitoring, will maximise the impact of our digital spend.
The purpose of the role is to increase revenue and engagement through paid digital channels. It is a new role for the Gallery, and a unique opportunity to transform an important and growing area of work. For the first time, paid digital marketing will be overseen by a single role, providing expertise for department campaigns and to wider Gallery stakeholders.
It will take ownership of acquisition and brand digital strategies, working with agencies as appropriate to implement activity. A focus on test and learn, and performance monitoring, will maximise the impact of our digital spend.
SCOPE OF JOB
- Plan and deliver digital marketing activity across paid search, paid social, display and affiliates
- Develop our paid digital marketing strategy to meet strategic goals including revenue targets and audience development
- Define and deliver the digital marketing component of integrated campaigns created by the department (products include exhibitions, Memberships, online and in-Gallery events, as well as increasing email sign ups)
- Support other teams with digital marketing, making recommendations and then implementing activity as per their chosen approach and budget (for example online shop/merchandise sales, and venue hire)
- Evolve activity and optimise performance using a robust test and learn approach
- Lead on digital marketing innovation at the Gallery, exploring and introducing new platforms or tools to improve our work
- Establish KPIs and a reporting framework to track performance and share results with colleagues
- Ensure our web analytics tool collects accurate data on traffic and behaviour (currently Google Analytics). Interpret data to inform campaigns and spend
- Write business cases for investment
- Where appropriate, outsource delivery to agencies and oversee contracts
- Monitor and actively manage ad placement to ensure reputational risk is minimised
- Liaise with the Legal team as required on GDPR and PECR to ensure all activity complies with relevant legislation
Click here for more information and to apply.
Closing date: 10/07/2022