The Buildings department have a wide range of responsibilities but are ultimately responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the Gallery’s buildings and the internal environmental conditions to ensure the collection is preserved for future generations.
The department is also responsible for the delivery of capital programmes, helping to deliver projects ranging from £100k to £10m.
The department consists of three specialist areas; Building Fabric Projects and Maintenance, Technical Engineering and Facilities Management.
The Senior Buildings and Facilities Manager supports the Head of Buildings on leading the development and delivery of building/infrastructure projects across the Gallery, as well as personally project managing larger and more complex capital projects.
In developing and implementing the capital delivery plans, this role will use a mixture of in-house resources and procured specialists.
SCOPE OF JOB
- To lead on the project management, development and delivery of large and more complex Capital Building/infrastructure projects, working closely with internal stakeholders
- Assist the Head of Buildings in the management of the department by supporting, coaching and advising department managers on the delivery of their projects
- Assists the Head of Buildings to develop a strategy for the maintenance and development of the Gallery buildings, in response to the Gallery’s Corporate Plan and changing building needs
- Responsible for managing the logistics and coordination of projects on site as well as their delivery in the safest and most environmentally conscious manner
- Accountable for ensuring solutions are high quality designs and innovation, but within the set limits of cost, programme, and scope/quality
- Responsible for ensuring projects and programmes are delivered in the best way to minimise disruptions and operational risk to the business and provides operational flexibility and optimal costs for the future and can respond to unforeseen operational opportunities and changes
- Responsible for ensuring all new and refurbished buildings meet all legislation, standards and Gallery policies such as health, safety, accessibility, energy management and sustainability
- Responsible for leading and directing The Gallery’s in-house delivery team ensuring the optimal use of resources available in human, financial and system terms, while performance
managing and ensuring their continuous development
- To deputise in the absence of the Head of Buildings
Click here for more information and to apply.
Closing date: 18/07/2022
var ClickMeter_pixel_url = ‘//pixel.watch/qzr1’;