The National Gallery
Archived: Innovation Design Manager
The Digital department sits within the Digital, Communications and Technology directorate. Across the department we cover the delivery of public-facing digital products and experiences, the creation of digital content across web and social media and audio-visual support across the Gallery.
THE ROLE PROFILE
The Digital department within the National Gallery has several priorities for the coming 3 years:
- Delivery of a new Digital Growth strategy, which will focus on the Gallery’s next significant step as a digital institution preparing for the bicentenary and beyond.
- Delivery of a suite of projects and supporting work for the NG200 Bicentenary programme
- A commitment to bringing innovation practices and technology into the Gallery, through both project methodologies and public-facing outputs, principally those of National Gallery
Through Phase 1 of the Digital Growth strategy the Digital department will:
- Grow digital audiences across social media and the web by creating in a Virtual Production Studio that gives us new capacity and capability in digital storytelling
- Create a Product Incentive Programme that helps convert more of the digital audience onto to our database
- Introduce a Consumer Value Model that begins to create personalised digital experiences for audiences on our databases, and helps build their engagement with and financial value to us
Alongside the Digital Growth strategy there are standalone innovation and partnership projects and the production of digital assets used across the wider production of digital content.
The innovation design lead will run a critical part of our working process around human centred design and continue to help embed a culture of innovation in the organisation.
They will work with the digital department, other key National Gallery stakeholders and external partners to deliver a work that supports the development of ideas to concept stage to demonstrate opportunity, direction, value and purpose, using innovation design methodologies.
Key projects include:
- use of virtual environments and game-engine technology
- the creation of immersive experiences away from the Gallery
- the use of digital technology as part of a new learning centre development
Scope of Job
- Work with the head of digital and senior programme manager to define a programme of activity aligned with audience research that will help inform and influence a culture of innovation
- Work with key senior management leaders on areas of digital development that would benefit from involvement in and encourage new ways of working
- Works with internal and external partners to help design, manage and facilitate workshops, sprints, hack-a-thons, and other events
- Work with the senior product manager in digital and innovation product manager in the Commercial department to scale innovation developments that assist with the strategy of digitising the visitor journey and wider digital product development
- Advise on innovation methodologies and assist with the development of project briefs, lending expertise and upskilling other members of staff
- To work closely with the head of digital services and digital director in establishing the National Gallery as source for other museum and gallery institutions on innovation processes
Click here for more information and to apply.
Closing date: 14th August 2022
var ClickMeter_pixel_url = ‘//pixel.watch/b3z7’;