Who are we ?
The Customs House, is located in South Shields on the banks of the River Tyne. A grade II listed building, which is a leisure and entertainment destination for all.
We are approaching a high period of growth, and are seeking an experienced Events Co-Ordinator to ensure the smooth management & delivery of events and hires, across our hireable spaces including Cinema, Theatre, Restaurant & Banqueting Suites.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you will be creating and managing a number of diverse, high profile events throughout the year. You will be a creative, confident person able to be effective across the whole of the event process; from initial enquiry handling to chase calls, show arounds and event coordinating. You will be play an integral role in the success of Events, across the whole of the Customs House.
Who are you ?
You should be an extremely organised, yet creative Events Coordinator, with at least 2 year’s experience of working within a busy Banqueting & Events environment. Confident in appearance & ability, you are looking to widen your scope of knowledge, of events in more diverse environments, and thrive under a position of greater autonomy & responsibility.
Your CV should show: Minimum 2 year’s experience in an event co-ordinators position within a hospitality role:
- Strong project management & time management
- Ability to manage multiple tasks whilst maintaining high quality standards
- Ability to create, package, price, financially viable events
- A professional telephone manner combined with polite and persuasive negotiations skills
- Advanced enquiry handling & negotiation skills
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
- A professional appearance and personal skills to act as an ambassador to internal and external stakeholders.
Hours will be staggered with another co-ordinator, with alternating 9 or 10am starts depending upon the needs of the business. Therefore, a willingness to work extra hours / weekends with some events or exhibitions when required.
- An interest in Arts would be helpful, but not necessary.
- Knowledge of other North East Event venues and suppliers would be desirable.
- Experience of attendance at trade shows / exhibitions.
Closing Date 20th May 2016.
Please send your CV with covering letter via email to email@example.com