Who we are
St Martin-in-the-Fields is a unique configuration of cultural, charitable and commercial initiatives rooted in the life of a vibrant Church of England congregation. Our vision is At the heart. On the edge. This declares that we see ourselves at the heart of London, through our location on Trafalgar Square, and of the nation, through our 500-year links with the royal family, and also of the church, through our national profile gained through nearly a century of broadcasting and our flagship role in social issues – but also appealing to the heart through our long tradition of choral and classical music and our reputation for compassion gained through a century of engagement with poverty and destitution. It also names our calling to be on the edge, not just of Trafalgar Square but alongside those on the edge through being excluded, ignored or oppressed by society or church, and on the cutting edge of innovation in culture, commerce, charity and congregational life.
About the role
This is an interesting, wide ranging and supporting role requiring a broad range of skills. You will be working closely with Clergy, congregation, office admin, verging team, events, catering, concerts, retail teams, contractors and others. Therefore, excellent communication and relationship building skills are a key part of this role, as well as an ability to be pastorally sensitive in all communications.
You would provide support to the Associate Vicar of Ministry and the clergy team, helping to ensure the smooth running of this energetic and diverse church.
To resource and support church operations and cross site activity, the clergy team and the vibrant St Martin’s congregation with excellent hands-on organisation, enabling the life of this large and multi-faceted church to flourish.
Working at St Martin’s
- Based at – St Martin-in-the-Fields, Trafalgar Square, London
- Working pattern – Five regular days each week: Monday – Sunday
- Salary – £26,000 – £28,000 (depending on experience) per annum, plus workplace pension
- Holiday Entitlement – 25 days per annum, plus 8 bank holidays
- Perks – Free filter coffee and tea throughout your working day, 20% discount in the Café in the Crypt/Courtyard, Shop (excluding books) and limited concert concessions
- Notice period – 1 month
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly efficient, proactive person to join us who is:
- Self-motivated to get the job done
- Passionate about being super organised
- Creative in finding solutions
- Able to take the initiative to get things done
- Self-starting, excellent at organisation and calm under pressure
- Friendly able to work in a large and varied team
- Approachable, welcoming and supportive in order to be the go to person
- Experienced in working in a busy office environment
This is an ideal opportunity for the right candidate looking to work in the growing central administrative hub for our church, supporting the life of St Martin’s.
Click here to download the full job description.
How to apply
To apply for this post, please email the following to email@example.com by 9.00 am on 27 January 2020.
- A supporting statement, explaining why you believe you can do this role
- A comprehensive CV detailing your relevant achievements in each role, and including details of two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer
If you would like to chat about this role, please call a member of the Human Resources Team on 020 7766 1101/1119.
Interviews will be held on week commencing 03 February 2020.
var ClickMeter_pixel_url = ‘//pixel.watch/3doy’;