Somerset House Trust is looking for a Brand Partnerships Manager to develop a strategy to build brand and corporate partnerships across Somerset House’s work; exhibitions, live events, Somerset House Studios and capital development across the site.
The Brand Partnerships Manager will develop a strategy to build brand and corporate partnerships across Somerset House’s work; exhibitions, live events, Somerset House Studios and capital development across the site.
The Brand Partnerships Manager will identify new partners and partnership opportunities, as well as maintaining and strengthening relationships with existing partners. This includes structuring partnerships, negotiating commercial relationships, including sponsorships, and overseeing project delivery and account management.
Somerset House has a unique mix of public arts programme, artist & maker community (Somerset House Studios) and probably the biggest cluster of creative businesses in London. In the interaction of these three elements lies Somerset House’s potential to invent a new kind of cultural centre, where creativity in all its forms can thrive in a mutually supportive and inspiring environment.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
- Work with the Deputy Director to develop a Brand & Corporate Partnerships strategy to benefit Somerset House’s mission and artistic ambitions.
- Identify, develop and shape opportunities for sponsorship and brand partnerships across the full remit of Somerset House’s activity.
- Generate new business by researching, identifying and cultivating appropriate corporate prospects;
- Match companies to the most relevant project (and tailoring sponsorship proposals) in light of their business objectives
- Plan the most effective form of approach and make cold approaches where necessary.
- Structure deals and successfully negotiate new contracts with sponsors and commercial partners, working with the Deputy Director.
- Develop relationships with existing corporate sponsors and partners to broaden, lengthen and/or increase their support for and across the organization.
- Service and account manage both existing and new partnerships, working collegiately with other colleagues across the organisation. (NB We envisage that additional staff will be employed to support account management as partnerships grow)
- Build effective internal relationships across departments, in order to identify and pursue organisation-wide opportunities for commercial partnerships, to facilitate collaborative approaches and to steward relationships that have traditionally resided in a range of departments across the organization.
- Review, analyse and implement corporate partnership CRM systems, processes and reporting for existing and prospective partners, in line with the development of wider CRM requirements for the organization.
- Provide regular reports and updates for the Director and Board of Trustees.
- Keep abreast of new commercial opportunities and overall business trends to help identify new opportunities.
- Work with the Deputy Director to advance wider Development objectives for Somerset House and undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in the post.
Please submit your CV and covering letter which includes details of why you feel you have the necessary skills, experience and aptitude for the role and why you would like to join Somerset House to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 12.00 on Friday 13 November 2015.