Permanent 37.5 hours/week
Salary £36,658 – £42,386 plus pension scheme
Seven Stories is an award winning National museum for children’s books in Newcastle upon Tyne. The Creative Director will join our organisation in a pivotal senior role, leading our public and learning programmes and productions and building our reputation as a trail blazing venue for creative engagement, especially for children and young people.
This exciting opportunity seeks a dynamic arts professional with proven leadership and management skills, significant experience in the producing children’s arts and/or literature programmes and committment to:
- Encouraging more people, especially children, young people and families, to take part in creative and learning programmes.
- Achieving cultural and societal impact in the Northeast, nationally and internationally, taking creative risks and building progressive partnerships in the children’s literature community, and in education, cultural and charity sectors
- Empowering children and young people to recognise and realise their potential through the transformative impact of children’s book inspired engagement projects.
- Putting inclusive practice at the heart of your work ethos, nurturing creativity across Seven Stories to design, develop, implement and evaluate innovative, engaging and popular programmes.
- Optimising creative programme opportunities offered by Seven Stories’ unique Collection.
For more information: www.sevenstories.org.uk/get-involved/current-vacancies
Deadline for applications: Tuesday 9th May 2017 at 5pm
Interview date: 25th or 26th May OR 12th or 13th June 2017
Registered Charity no: 1056812