Sage Gateshead’s Make Music programme are looking to employ a dynamic and versatile singing tutor to take over leadership of an existing group singing session. These fun and informal sessions will be aimed at adults who like to sing an array of accessible harmony arrangements of classic Pop & Rock songs.
In this role you will help improve singers’ technical and performance skills, as well as teach your own harmony arrangements to a variety of voice types. The sessions are friendly, informal, engaging and fun.
The ideal candidate will:
- Sing to an advanced, professional standard
- Feel comfortable leading adults of varying ability
- Have a keen interest in the history of contemporary music, including a good understanding of the true origins of the material you will be teaching
- Embody musical diversity and strive to champion and celebrate the pioneers in whichever genre you choose to lead
Working pattern and pay:
- Weekly sessions will take place on Fridays, 1pm – 2.30pm at Sage Gateshead
- Term time only, with 10 weeks per term plus a half term break in between
- SCP 28, which equates to £44.64 per session including prep and meeting time. Freelance applications may also be considered at an equivalent rate (less employer on costs), please state whether this is your preference in your application
We’re keen to have a workforce that upholds our values as an inclusive employer and reflects the communities we serve. We welcome applications from all interested parties and if you have any questions regarding this role, please get in touch at the e-mail address below.
How to apply:
If you think this is the job for you, please e-mail email@example.com with few lines describing your skills, experience and why you think you’re perfect for the role! No more than 200 words please.
Deadline for applications: 10am, Friday 16th December
var ClickMeter_pixel_url = ‘//pixel.watch/12zb’;