- Interested in classical music?
- Got some spare time?
- Want to get paid experience working in a classical concert production team?
- If any of these relate to you, please read on to find out more and complete a form to tell us about your experience, what you think you can help with, and when you could be available.
The Classical team at Sage Gateshead are looking for casual support in several areas. This would particularly suit people who have an interest in classical music and an awareness of how orchestras work, and/or people who are interested in some flexible work and have the skills that we’re looking for. The work will be based at Sage Gateshead but for some roles there may be some travel involved.
The areas where we are looking for help, and typical working times, are as follows:
- Library support – filing and scanning music, bowing string parts, preparing music for return to hirers (daytime, weekdays)
- Script supervision – assisting the Streaming Director and score-reading for streamed concerts (daytime rehearsals and evening concerts)
- Page turning – page turning for pianists in rehearsals and concerts (daytime rehearsals and evening concerts)
- Van driving / loading – driving to rehearsal/concert venues with the orchestral management team, loading/unloading orchestral equipment and instruments (varied times)
- Artist liaison – being a point of contact for visiting artists at Sage Gateshead (daytime rehearsals and daytime/evening concerts)
- General event support – various tasks, which could include setting up for rehearsals, signing people in, handing out music (varied times)
- General admin support – various tasks, which could include preparing tour packs, data entry, updating performance archive (daytime, weekdays)
Salary: SCP 14 – 16, £7.16 – £9.79 per hour (SCP 14: 20 years and under, SCP 15: 21-22 years, SCP 16: 23+ years)
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for more information and to apply.