Royal Shakespeare Company
Archived: Marketing Manager (Learning and Membership)
Do you have significant marketing experience? Can you lead a small, busy team that makes a huge impact? Have you got excellent leadership and planning skills with the ability to meet deadlines? Do you want a wide-ranging role that involves promoting work that changes people’s lives? Are you looking for a role that offers flexible and hybrid working in a creative and exciting environment?
We are looking for an experienced Marketing Manager to lead the marketing of the RSC’s Learning and National Partnerships work and Membership scheme. This is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic marketer to lead a small, busy team that makes a huge impact through the work that they produce. This role enables the post holder to develop exciting, innovative campaigns that go across the breadth of the work of the RSC.
It is an amazing time to join the RSC as we continue our recovery from the pandemic, enter a new Arts Council England funding period, re-open the Swan Theatre and look forward to new artistic leadership in June 2023.It is a moment filled with opportunity for real change, looking to a refreshed future with bold ambitions.
Reporting to the Head of Audiences and Marketing some of the main activities and responsibilities include (see the job description and person specification for the comprehensive list):
- Developing and implementing marketing strategies for the work of RSC Learning and National Partnerships, Member and Patron schemes
- Line managing two direct reports, responsible for day-to-day management, one to ones, development and training
- Collaborating with the Insight team to develop and report on audience insight to help inform decision making
- Monitoring the achievement of income targets
- Creating, implementing and reporting on marketing campaigns using a mix of marketing tools and channels available
- Maintaining and monitoring marketing budgets
- Developing marketing campaigns for season launches and casting announcements
- Using the RSC’s CRM, marketing ticketing and fundraising software, Tessitura
- Developing pathways for audiences to help them access the wide range of offers available through RSC Learning and National Partnerships
- Coordinating all artwork and image production for RSC Learning and National Partnerships
- Working closely with the fundraising department to develop and deliver KPIs and plans for external education partnerships
- Producing the RSC twice yearly publication for RSC Patrons and Members
- Representing the RSC at industry events, presenting case studies of our work
To be suitable for this role, you must have:
- Significant marketing experience in any sector
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of working with a computerised ticketing system or a database / CRM system to generate insight
- Excellent leaderships skills with the ability to collaborate with others to get things done and achieve outcomes
- Exceptional written English and a strong understanding of writing effective marketing copy
- The ability to work under your own initiative with excellent planning and organisation skills, meeting conflicting deadlines
- A data-driven approach and eagerness to measure, monitor and continually improve performance
- Brilliant communication skills, with the ability to confidently and positively communicate with people at all levels.
This opportunity is offered as a full time, permanent contract, based in the RSC’s offices in Stratford-upon-Avon, the working hours are Monday to Friday 10am-6pm, with some evening and weekend working required. The RSC has a commitment to supporting flexible working arrangements, which can include regular remote working in a hybrid way or working hours to suit your needs, although a level of attendance in the office each week is expected. Online interviews will take place on 29 March 2023.
- 25 days annual leave, plus Public Holidays, rising to 28 days after 3 years’ service
- Access to RSC training and personal development
- Flexible and hybrid working
- Complimentary tickets for productions in Stratford-upon-Avon and London
- Contributory pension scheme
- Onsite Occupational Health and access to our Employee Assistance Programme, providing 24 hours advice and counselling services
- Staff discounts, including discounted tickets, discount in the RSC shop, restaurant, cafes, and other local Stratford-upon-Avon businesses
- Access to the RSC ‘outstanding’ children’s nursery.
All applications should be made online using the RSC website. If you need any assistance when applying, please email email@example.com
The RSC strives for excellence, and values integrity, inclusion, ambition and innovation. We act with respect, show leadership and build resilient ways of working in all our activities.
We can offer great benefits and aim to create a welcoming, supportive environment which is happy, healthy and safe. We place great importance upon developing a diverse, highly motivated and energised workforce to help achieve our priorities. We put our values at the heart of everything we do.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all individuals.
The Royal Shakespeare Company (no. 212481) is a registered charity.
Photo: Lucy Bariball
var ClickMeter_pixel_url = ‘//pixel.watch/q06i’;