Are you an Administrator with excellent attention to detail and focus on quality control? Do you enjoy working with data and organising/structuring files? Can you use editing software and the Microsoft Office suite? Are you keen to understand new technologies and learn new software and systems? Can you simplify processes and implement new systems? Is working as part of a brilliant and friendly team important to you?
We are looking for an experienced administrator to join the RSC’s Digital Development department on a fixed term contract basis, to organise and maintain the department’s data and vast archive. You will be joining a department who create, deliver, archive, and administrate all of the RSC’s digital video content and digital development projects.
You will be assisting in the day-to-day pre-production and preparing of assets for post-production, you will be working with a skilled in-house team of creatives in the heart of Stratford-upon-Avon. Tasks will vary from maintaining and organising digital data, coordinating footage for distribution, to inputting and maintaining metadata and converting media files for use with different platforms. Initially the role will be project based, organising and correctly archiving data into a structured system.
You will report to the Digital Development Production Lead where some of your responsibilities will include (please see the main job description and person specification for the comprehensive list):
- Assisting with day-to-day pre-production and preparing of assets for post-production
- Maintaining and organising digital data and archive material, including our cataloguing system
- Coordinating footage and other assets for distribution and archiving
- Retrieving files from the archive for post-production and licensing requests
- Inputting and maintaining metadata
- Converting media files for use with different platforms
- Working cooperatively and collaborative manner with all staff and departments on designated video related projects
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working within a post-production workflow
- Excellent attention to detail and a strong focus on quality control
- Experience of working with File Transfer
- The ability to use editing software, including Adobe Creative Cloud
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Windows and Macs and a willingness to learn new software and systems
- Collaborative team player with the ability to work effectively alone
- 25 days annual leave, plus Public Holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years’ service
- Access to RSC training and personal development
- Flexible and hybrid working
- Complimentary tickets for productions
- Contributory pension scheme
- Onsite Occupational Health and access to our Employee Assistance Programme, providing 24 hours advice and counselling services
- Staff discounts, including complementary and discounted tickets, discount in the RSC shop, restaurant, cafes and other local Stratford-upon-Avon businesses
- Access to the RSC ‘outstanding’ children’s nursery.
This role is offered as a fixed term contract, until August 2024, the hours of work are 40 per week, Monday to Friday, with occasional weekend work, the position is based in Stratford-upon-Avon.
The RSC has a flexible working policy, which allows for a blend of office and remote home working, subject to your line managers approval.
Access and Inclusion
We are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace culture, and welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, identities and lived experiences.
We offer support and resources to aid access to the application and interview process, as well as the role itself, should you be successful. To discuss in further detail, please contact email@example.com – we would be delighted to talk with you.
We know that discussions around access and inclusion can be sensitive and personal. We welcome feedback on our approach, and the language used, so that we can continue to evolve our practice.
If you would like to talk further, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. Any feedback you provide will be treated confidentially, and will not impact on your enquiry, application, or relationship with the RSC.
About the RSC:
The RSC strives for excellence, and values integrity, inclusion, ambition and innovation. We act with respect, show leadership and build resilient ways of working in all our activities.
We can offer great benefits and aim to create a welcoming, supportive environment which is happy, healthy and safe. We place great importance upon developing a diverse, highly motivated and energised workforce to help achieve our priorities. We put our values at the heart of everything we do.
The Royal Shakespeare Company (no. 212481) is a registered charity.
Photo: Peter Cook
var ClickMeter_pixel_url = ‘//pixel.watch/8m0v’;