£35,000 per annum, full-time (40 hours per week)
One-year fixed-term contract
The Royal Opera House aims to broaden the diversity of its workforce to more accurately reflect the diversity of the UK and London population. We want the ROH to be an employer of choice for all, increasing awareness of our employment opportunities within minority groups.
The Diversity Recruitment Project Manager will establish and deliver a twelve-month action plan to review and influence recruitment practice and help embed diversity considerations more fully across ROH recruitment activities.
Reporting to the Human Resources and Training Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking research to enable greater understanding of any barriers to applicants from minority groups successfully applying for employment with the ROH.
- Working with recruiting managers and HR Managers to ensure job descriptions and person specifications are as accessible as possible.
- Identifying new and cost-effective opportunities for advertising ROH jobs and work placements more broadly, including social media.
- Identifying and building relationships with a portfolio of employment referral agencies and the careers departments of educational providers that work with more diverse and minority groups.
- Working with HR colleagues to agree appropriate KPIs at the start of the project and then evaluate and report on the effectiveness of its initiatives, making recommendations for future diversity recruitment activity.
The successful candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Significant experience of managing recruitment.
- Knowledge and experience of promoting diversity through effective recruitment.
- Excellent influencing skills, with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent research and project management skills.
- Strong numeracy with experience of analysing and reporting on complex data.
A full job description and information on how to apply is available on our website at recruitment.roh.org.uk/vacancyView.php?requirementId=2076. If you have any queries about the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 08:00am on Friday 9th October 2015.
Applicants must have work authorization for the UK.