Job reference number: 101-23
Closing date: 9am Friday 3 February 2023
Interview date: Monday 20 February 2023
Salary: Grade 4, £25,413 – £27,330 per annum, pro rata. Appointments will normally be made to the first point of the grade.
Founded in 1882, The Royal College of Music (RCM) is a world leading music conservatoire with a prestigious history and contemporary outlook. Our excellence was recognised by the 2022 QS World University Rankings, in which we were ranked as the global top institution for performing arts by Subject.
The College also holds a designated collection of over 14,000 historical musical instruments, portraits of musicians, early prints and drawings related to the history of British and European music. Part of the collection is on display in a new gallery, recently redeveloped with the support of the National Lottery Heritage Fund and open to the public six days a week.
We are looking for a friendly and efficient person to welcome visitors upon arrival, support an enjoyable visitor experience and help running the gallery and the small annexed shop, usually with the help of volunteers.
Our ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- You should be a friendly and welcoming person.
- You should be fluent in English and able to engage at an elementary level with visitors coming from abroad.
- You will be confident in having primary responsibility in the invigilation of a museum gallery.
- You will be able to work collaboratively, alternating relatively quiet moments with times of increased pressure.
- You will be able to deal in a friendly, but firm manner with unexpected situations that might arise in the Museum.
- You will be passionate about music and musical heritage.
This post is offered on a part-time (0.4FTE), permanent basis and is available from mid-March.
For full details of this position please read the Applicant Information Pack, available to download from the RCM website: www.rcm.ac.uk/jobs
To apply, please complete our 1) Application form and 2) Equal Opportunities form (available to download from the RCM website) and submit in Word or PDF format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
CVs without an application form will not be accepted. Please ensure that you include the Job Reference Number when submitting your application.
The RCM is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and to promoting a diverse and inclusive environment for all our staff, students and visitors.
var ClickMeter_pixel_url = ‘//pixel.watch/4ou3’;