Vocal & Opera
Job reference number: 313-22
Closing date: 9am Wednesday 7 September 2022
Interview date: w/c Monday 19 September 2022
Salary: Grade 5, £26,882 – £29,656 per annum. Appointments will normally be made to the first point of the grade.
Founded in 1882, The Royal College of Music (RCM) is a world leading music conservatoire with a prestigious history and contemporary outlook. Our excellence was recognised as we were ranked the global top institution for performing arts in the 2022 QS World University Rankings by Subject.
The RCM is now looking to recruit an Opera Assistant who will work in the Vocal and Opera office. The successful applicant will be joining a lively and creative team in an exciting working environment, and will work closely with students, creative teams, professors and all departments within the RCM.
This post involves:
- Managing enquiries from students, professors, administrative staff and visitors
- Providing administrative support for auditions, opera productions and scenes.
- Maintaining weekly Vocal and Opera schedule
- Liaising with key members of the music profession
- Providing administrative support to the Director of Opera, Deputy Head of Vocal and Opera and Manager of Vocal and Opera.
- Processing Leave of Absence requests (LoA’s) from Postgraduate and Opera Studio students
Excellent communication and IT skills are required combined with the ability to balance a number of different tasks and to work effectively as part of a team. Knowledge of opera and event management is essential.
This post is offered on a permanent, full-time basis and is available from September 2022.
For full details of this position please read the Applicant Information Pack, available to download from the RCM website: www.rcm.ac.uk/jobs
To apply, please complete our 1) Application form and 2) Equal Opportunities form (available to download from the RCM website) and submit in Word or PDF format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
CVs without an application form will not be accepted. Please ensure that you include the Job Reference Number when submitting your application.
The RCM is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and to promoting a diverse and inclusive environment for all our staff, students and visitors.