Job reference number: 110-23
Closing date: 9am Wednesday 4 October 2023
Interview date: Tuesday 17 October 2023
Salary: Grade 7, £37,334 – £41,451 per annum. Appointments will normally be made to the first point of the grade.
Founded in 1882, The Royal College of Music (RCM) is a world leading music conservatoire with a prestigious history and contemporary outlook. Our excellence was recognised by the 2023 QS World University Rankings, in which we were ranked as the global top institution for performing arts by Subject.
The RCM’s Admissions Team takes pride in providing a high quality, efficient and welcoming service to prospective students. As the first point of contact for the majority of applicants, the Admissions Officer plays a key role in the RCM’s recruitment activities. Aided by the Admissions and Projects Assistant, the Admissions Officer is responsible for administering the day to day running of the RCM’s admissions service, has responsibility for the planning and operational management of the annual UK auditions and also supports the administration of overseas auditions. Additionally, the Admissions Officer is responsible for the compilation of the RCM’s professorial teaching allocations for new and returning students each year.
We are looking for candidates with the following attributes:
- You should be an experienced higher education administrator, with knowledge of UCAS admissions processes.
- You should have a practical knowledge of music, preferably of a classical nature.
- You should have excellent organisational skills, be able to manage a varied workload efficiently and deal with operational issues independently.
- You should be experienced in providing a high standard of customer service, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You should have strong IT skills, ideally with advanced use of Excel.
This role is offered on a full time (1FTE) basis. The role is available immediately.
Previous applicants need not apply.
For full details of this position please read the Applicant Information Pack, available to download from the RCM website: www.rcm.ac.uk/jobs
To apply, please complete our 1) Application form and 2) Equal Opportunities form (available to download from the RCM website) and submit in Word or PDF format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
CVs without an application form will not be accepted. Please ensure that you include the Job Reference Number when submitting your application.
The RCM is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and to promoting a diverse and inclusive environment for all our staff, students and visitors.