£31.75 per hour
Term time, daytime hours and after school. Includes evening and weekend work
Ad-hoc projects during holidays periods and weekends, cover teacher work
We are currently recruiting for Independent Contractor Teachers to join the Royal Academy of Dance’s (RAD) Dance School team that are available to teach at RAD’s Dance School in London specialising in teaching of RAD syllabus, and/or non-syllabus technique classes, and other dance genres including musical theatre, acro, commercial jazz, street dance, contemporary dance, adult classes, older learners, SEN classes and other cultural dance styles.
The Royal Academy of Dance is a dynamic organisation dedicated to advancing standards of dance education, teaching, promoting and investing in the development of dance worldwide.
The Royal Academy of Dance’s Dance School enables young people to develop their passion and skills of dance through a diverse and inclusive programme of weekly classes, and performance opportunities. The Dance School reaches around 1,000 students annually.
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals who are reliable, professional and passionate in inspiring young people, and would like to join a team of inspiring dance teachers to contribute to the successful delivery of our timetable.
The timetable offers young people a range of ways to get involved in dance through regular classes, projects, events and performances. We are looking for teachers with a keen interest in working with young people to deliver regular dance classes, choreograph and rehearse young dancers ready for performances whilst developing your professional practice.
As a Dance Teacher, you will have:
- Skills and experience in one or more dance style;
- Experience of planning and delivering dance sessions and projects for young people;
- Good communication skills with the ability to form effective relationships with stakeholders;
- Ability to engage and motivate young people.
As a bonus, you will have:
- your own dance practice and/or professional dance performance or choreographic experience, and
- extensive knowledge of relevant legislation for working with young people including safeguarding training. The RAD will provide full training including safeguarding training to ensure our continued service levels and duty of care to students are maintained.
If you meet these criteria, we would love to hear from you!
For more information and to apply, visit www.royalacademyofdance.org/jobs/current-vacancies/dance-teacher/