National Music Charity
Make a real difference to people’s lives
Orchestras Live is a national music charity, passionate that people from all backgrounds should have the opportunity to participate in and enjoy the highest quality orchestral provision, regardless of their age or geographical location. We are the only organisation of our kind working in the orchestral sector.
We operate away from London and large metropolitan centres, focusing our work in under-served parts of the country where investment in and engagement with the arts is relatively low and where without our work, professional British orchestral activity would not take place. Our collaborative programme of activity is delivered by world-class British ensembles, regularly supported by partners including BBC Radio 3, Classic FM and other media. Celebrating our 50th Anniversary this year, we now seek a new Chief Executive to take us forward and into our next 50!
Key responsibilities include:
- Leadership – Provide inspirational leadership and a vision for Orchestras Live as a leader, influencer, adviser and innovator in national orchestral strategy.
- Business Management – Responsible for the financial stability and future viability of the organisation, including the setting, monitoring and control of budgets, income and fundraising targets; the management of operational and financial risk and financial stakeholders.
- Digital Engagement – Ensuring that Orchestras Live continues to develop its digital strategy and is well equipped and positioned to leverage its assets and activities in support of overall objectives.
- Artistic Development – Sustaining and promoting the highest levels of artistic quality in all Orchestras Live activities.
- Strategic Relations – Leading the development and implementation of effective and rounded PR, marketing and communications strategies for all aspects of Orchestras Live’s work.
Of graduate calibre you will have a proven track record as a senior executive, experienced in setting strategy and developing and implementing business plans. Extensive experience of working or collaborating with professional musicians or creative people is essential as is a good knowledge of orchestral repertoire, and ideally a broad range of other genres. You must be a skilled advocate, influencer and diplomat, able to move comfortably and effectively in a wide range of circles. You must be fully aware of relevant local authority and government policy and funding systems, including trusts and foundations. Commercial awareness and entrepreneurial flair are critical, as is patience, tenacity and a sense of humour.
For further details please email Nancy Buchanan, General Manager, Orchestras Live: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Monday 5 October 2015 at 9 am.
Visit us at www.orchestraslive.org.uk