We are a world-class visitor attraction and leading science research centre. We use the Museum’s unique collections and our unrivalled expertise to tackle the biggest challenges facing the world today. We care for more than 80 million objects spanning billions of years and welcome more than five million visitors annually and 16 million visits to our website.
Today the Museum is more relevant and influential than ever. By attracting people from a range of backgrounds to work for us, we can continue to look at the world with fresh eyes and find new ways of doing things.
We employ 900 staff in a variety of roles, all united by our vision of a future where people and planet thrive. We need everyone to have the passion and drive to help us with our mission to create advocates for our planet and inspire millions to care about the natural world.
Diversity and inclusion matter to us.
Our vision is of a future where both people and the planet thrive. Diversity is one of our core values and we strive to build a workplace where everyone feels a sense of belonging. All new staff who join us learn about the importance of diversity and inclusion to the Museum and how to contribute to creating an inclusive environment.
We know we have more to do, but we are committed to ensuring that everyone who works at the Museum feels they can thrive and feel valued and respected.
About the role
The Museum’s touring exhibitions travel the world and are seen by over 2 million visitors outside London each year. Our partners and hosting venues are Museums, galleries, science centres and private companies that present NHM exhibition in all kinds of spaces ranging in size from local museums to world leading peer institutions. The Touring Programmes section is a busy and multi-international team who cover a range of different skill sets from engineering to object handling and operational expertise to sales and marketing.
Reporting to the Head of Touring Programmes, this role oversees the planning and delivery aspects of the NHM’s portfolio of turnkey touring exhibitions. This is a key role within a busy team involving working closely with internal and external stakeholders to execute projects on time, to budget and to international quality standards.
International travel will be required for this role.
We are looking for someone with significant experience of logistics/operations within a museum or heritage organisation, and knowledge of international standards for the management and care of museum collections. The ability to plan, prioritise and manage a varied workload with a strong attention to detail will also be crucial to the role.
Thriving at the Museum: the way we work
We are proud to work at the Museum and have identified the qualities we all need to embody to reach our shared ambition. This sits alongside the Museum’s values and forms the framework for the way we work.
Find out more here.
What we offer
- 5 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays (full time equivalent)
- Generous defined contribution Natural History Museum Pension Scheme (employer contribution 4 – 10%)
- Season ticket, bicycle and rental loan
- Life insurance
- Free admission to our exhibitions and many other paid exhibitions at museums, galleries and institutions across London and the UK.
- Staff discount at our Museum shops and cafes
- We offer a wide variety of training initiatives and opportunities to build skills. Investing in staff development is important to us, and we are ambitious about helping staff to grow and fulfil their potential.
- Affordable membership to the Civil Service Sports Council which offers a range of benefits including an extensive list of special offers and reduced entry fees at a selection of cinema chains, theme parks, theatres, retailers and supermarkets. It also provides entry to up to 300 English Heritage sites and other national treasures. For more details, visit www.cssc.co.uk
- Membership to our Sports and Social Association (for a small fee), which includes access to our in-house gym and clubs such as football, softball, table tennis and tennis and classes in Middle Eastern dance, yoga and Tai Chi
How to apply
If that sounds like you, please apply online on the Natural History Museum’s careers portal, at careers.nhm.ac.uk
Closing date: 9am, Thursday 23 June 2022
Interviews expected w/c 4 July 2022
var ClickMeter_pixel_url = ‘//pixel.watch/n0ry’;