Up to £55,000 per annum plus benefits
Closing date: 9am on Tuesday 6 June 2017
The Natural History Museum is one of the world’s leading museums, internationally recognised for its dual role as a centre of excellence in scientific research and as a leader in the presentation of natural history through exhibitions, public programmes, publications and the web.
The Human Resources team are currently looking for an experienced Lead HR Business Partner, who will be the next in seniority to the Head of Human Resources, and will contribute to the development of the NHM HR strategy and the general operational oversight of its implementation and evaluation.
The Lead HR Business Partner has an organisation-wide brief as a change specialist which embraces the full range of change transition activities from project planning to post-implementation evaluation across all Directorates. You will also line manage the Business Partnering team, managing 2 HR Business Partners covering different business areas.
The core of the role is HR Business Partner to the Public Engagement Directorate. The HR Business Partners work with their Directorate executive teams to understand business priorities in order to define a Directorate level staff development plan which will support improved performance. They are advocates for strategic HRD and steer practical delivery of the full range of HR functions within their Directorate.
HR Business Partners operate to a commissioning model and have access to HR teams providing: reward and benefits, training and development, resource planning and recruitment, health and safety and HR management information.
It is vital that you have the following key qualifications or equivalent and extensive working experience:
- A relevant post graduate qualification in HR Management – preferably in strategic HRD.
- Accreditation in advanced change process consultancy skills or equivalent experience
- Chartered member of the CIPD
You are also expected to have:
- Significant experience of working in a HR Business Partner role
- Experience of HRM in the public sector context
- Significant experience of change process management
- A high level of strategic awareness working with executive teams
- Previous line management experience
Download a full job description.
Please complete your application online in our recruitment portal. After registering you will be asked basic information and should then upload the following documents:
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae giving details of relevant achievements in recent posts as well as your education and professional qualifications.
- A covering letter that summarises your interest in this post, providing evidence of your ability to match the criteria outlined in the Person Specification. Please ensure your letter includes details of your latest salary and notice period.
Agencies please note – This role is being directly sourced by the NHM’s in-house recruitment team using pre-determined mediums only. Any communication received from agents regarding this role will be politely refused.