Natural History Museum
Archived: Corporate Partnerships Manager
We are a world-class visitor attraction and leading science research centre. We use the Museum’s unique collections and our unrivalled expertise to tackle the biggest challenges facing the world today. We care for more than 80 million objects spanning billions of years and welcome more than five million visitors annually and 16 million visits to our website.
Today the Museum is more relevant and influential than ever. By attracting people from a range of backgrounds to work for us, we can continue to look at the world with fresh eyes and find new ways of doing things.
We employ 900 staff in a variety of roles, all united by our vision of a future where people and planet thrive. We need everyone to have the passion and drive to help us with our mission to create advocates for our planet and inspire millions to care about the natural world.
Diversity and inclusion matter to us
Our vision is of a future where both people and the planet thrive. Diversity is one of our core values and we strive to build a workplace where everyone feels a sense of belonging. All new staff who join us learn about the importance of diversity and inclusion to the Museum and how to contribute to creating an inclusive environment.
We know we have more to do, but we are committed to ensuring that everyone who works at the Museum feels they can thrive and feel valued and respected.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to a dynamic, world-renowned organisation committed to creating a future where both people and planet thrive. You will be a vital member in an ambitious fundraising team, delivering best-in-class account management, stewarding relationships with the Museum’s flagship corporate partner, and others, to deliver amazing partnerships, lead renewal of accounts, and seek out opportunities to grow existing relationships.
The Corporate Partnerships Manager will deliver the seamless transition of accounts from the New Business side of the team to onboarding them to the Account Management and delivery phase. The majority of your work will be on delivering accurate and timely account management for one high-profile account, along with delivering other smaller-scale and exciting partnerships. You will strike the balance between delivering contractual benefits, and identifying additional opportunities for the partner and Museum to further benefit.
You will plan for timely evaluations, cultivation opportunities to further embed the Museum in the businesses, and lead renewal plans to secure and grow the support of current partners.
- Proven track record of managing partnerships/sponsorships, possibly gained within a fundraising environment.
- Significant experience of working within project teams and with internal stakeholders to develop and deliver fundraising/sponsorship activities and projects
- Demonstrable experience of managing senior level relationships, preferably with Board Level involvement, internally and externally
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, including presentation skills, and a confident approach to entering business relationships.
- The ability to work well as a member of a team as well as on own initiative
- A driven and energetic approach
- Good organisational skills, demonstrating the ability to set and manage conflicting priorities.
- Experience of working in a large organisation or liaising with a large number of stakeholders
- Proficient in all standard IT packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Raisers Edge or another database programme
- Commercial awareness with knowledge of various corporate sectors
Thriving at the Museum: the way we work
We are proud to work at the Museum and have identified the qualities we all need to embody to reach our shared ambition. This sits alongside the Museum’s values and forms the framework for the way we work.
Find out more here
What we offer
- 27.5 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays (full time equivalent)
- Generous defined contribution Natural History Museum Pension Scheme (employer contribution 4 – 10%)
- Season ticket, bicycle and rental loan
- Life insurance
- Free admission to our exhibitions and many other paid exhibitions at museums, galleries and institutions across London and the UK.
- Staff discount at our Museum shops and cafe
- We offer a wide variety of training initiatives and opportunities to build skills. Investing in staff development is important to us, and we are ambitious about helping staff to grow and fulfil their potential.
- Affordable membership to the Civil Service Sports Council which offers a range of benefits including an extensive list of special offers and reduced entry fees at a selection of cinema chains, theme parks, theatres, retailers and supermarkets. It also provides entry to up to 300 English Heritage sites and other national treasures. For more details, visit www.cssc.co.uk
- Membership to our Sports and Social Association (for a small fee), which includes access to our in-house gym and clubs such as football, softball, table tennis and tennis and classes in Middle Eastern dance, yoga and Tai Chi
How to apply
If that sounds like you, please apply online on the Natural History Museum’s careers portal, at careers.nhm.ac.uk
Closing date: 09:00, Tuesday 30 May
Interviews expected: first round w/c 12 June. Second round w/c 15 June
Salary: £35,798 per annum
Please note that this role does not qualify for Museum sponsorship so the successful postholder will need to have a valid right to work in the UK at the point of offer.