£9.61 per hour
Fixed Term p/t (until 09/11/18)
Are you excited about bringing stories to life and engaging with people? Do you enjoy being creative and thinking differently? Would you like to use your innovation to create and deliver material for a visitor experience like no other? If the answer is yes we have a really exciting opportunity for you.
This role is an hourly paid, fixed term role. We anticipate you’ll be working a minimum of 6 hours per week, and the days are flexible however weekend and Bank Holiday working will be required to suit the needs of the business.
What it’s like to work here
One of the East Midlands’ top 10 visitor attractions, welcoming over 350,000 visitors every year, ghostly Calke Abbey is a high performing property. The unique visitor experience gives a vivid portrayal of a decaying country house, with the property’s interiors preserved but not restored. The team are passionate and committed to the property and maintain exceptional standards of conservation.
What you’ll be doing
With peeling paintwork and overgrown courtyards Calke Abbey tells the story of the dramatic decline of a grand country house estate. You’ll research and develop a comprehensive knowledge of the history of this special place and its collections and create stories that resonate with your audience. As the Tour Programme Leader you’ll develop and deliver an experience aimed at our millennial minded visitors like no other. You’ll use your passion and communication skills to bring the stories to life and inspire our visitors to share their stories too. You’ll create an environment where it feels informal and fun and one everyone wants to be part of.
Working collaboratively with the team at Calke you’ll share your knowledge with staff and volunteers and train a small team of volunteers who will support in delivering the tour programme.
Here at the National Trust we believe ‘people make places and places make people’ and this is a real opportunity to make this happen.
Who we’re looking for
To be successful in this role you’ll be a confident, natural performer and enjoy engaging and holding the attention of your audience. You’ll also have:
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Experience of delivering inspirational engagement activities
- Creativity and innovation
- Experience in delivering a high level of customer service
- Good research skills enabling you to build a comprehensive knowledge
- The ability to work on your own initiative
Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Closing Date: 28 February 2018
For more information and to apply, please follow: careers.nationaltrust.org.uk