Salary: £21,137 per annum
Contract: Fixed Term full time (37.5 hours per week to 19/11/17)
Location: Ham House and Garden, Ham Street, Ham, Richmond, Surrey, TW10 7RS
Can you bring our special place to life in all sorts of exciting and imaginative ways? Are you passionate about great conservation? Can you deliver exceptional service every time, for everyone? If so, this is the perfect job for you.
This is a fixed term contract due to end when the previous employee returns from maternity leave. At this point we cannot confirm exactly how long this contract will last, but it is unlikely to be more than 12 months.
Atmospheric Ham House is situated on the banks of the River Thames. This 17th century country home has a varied visitor experience, including outdoor events, workshops, theatre, ghost tours and family-friendly activities. The close team is often looking for enthusiastic people with great interpersonal skills to join them, particularly for seasonal contracts.
About the role
You will already have proven experience with managing an historic house and collection, as well as successfully leading staff and volunteers – this role will give you a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills further. Working alongside the House and Collections Manager you will work closely with the wider property team to make sure that we are not only looking after this special place to the highest standards, but we are also providing the best, creative visitor experience.
Our volunteers are particularly important to us and are key to delivering fantastic visitor experience as well as assisting with the conservation of our property. You will be the main link for our House volunteers and it’s important that you have experience and knowledge of how to work well with them.
You will make sure that our house and collections procedures and ways of working are in line with our Museum Accreditation status.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
• Knowledge and operational experience of collections management and care in historic properties and some experience of collections management systems
• Good working knowledge of preventative conservation and an awareness of Museum Accreditation standards
• An impressive eye for even the smallest of details and are comfortable working from height
• Knowledge of Health and Safety & emergency procedures.
And it will be helpful if you can demonstrate the following experience on your CV/application;
• A degree in relevant field or equivalent and/or operational experience in historic properties.
• Some knowledge and experience of managing budgets and finance.
• Experience of managing volunteers and an understanding of the volunteer journey in the Trust
• People management skills and experience in getting the best out of people, including setting personal objectives and conducting
• Strong communication skills and the ability to engage with a variety of audiences.
• An understanding of how enhance our visitor experience through the presentation of information or interpretative material
Looking after you
• Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
• Pension contribution match up to 10%
• EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
• Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
• Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
• Develop your skills with an internal secondment
• Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
• Income protection due to illness
Unique to us
• Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
• Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
• 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
• Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
To apply for this role or for further information, please follow: http://bit.ly/2jwWgFI
Closing date: 6th February 2017