Salary: £30,500 per annum
Contract: Fixed Term, f/t (37.5 hours per week for 18 months)
Job Ref: IRC45998
The National Trust in the North is looking for an exceptional PR & Communications Consultant to join its internal Marketing & Communications Consultancy. You will work with colleagues in the Lake District, across the North and nationally to promote the work and manage the reputation of the National Trust in the media. We grow support for the National Trust to enable us to look after special places for ever, for everyone. By joining the team in the North you will be helping us look after places from Borrowdale, Tarn Hows and Hill Top in the Lake District to Fountains Abbey in Yorkshire and Lindisfarne Castle on the North East Coast – with many more iconic landscapes and buildings in-between.
You’ll be working with a team of Marketing & Communications professionals who have a shared passion for the National Trust.
As a member of the Consultancy you will use your specialist knowledge, skills and experience to provide expert advice on all aspects of PR & Communications to colleagues in the Lake District and across the North.
You will work with a range of people in some of the Trust’s stunning locations and manage a broad range of stories and issues – no one-day will ever be the same.
About the role
As Europe’s largest conservation charity these are exciting and challenging times for the National Trust. We are moving forwards with our strategy to restore a healthy, beautiful, natural environment; offer experiences that move, teach and inspire; and help look after the places where people live.
The National Trust in the Lake District has an important role to play in delivering the Trust’s strategy working together with staff, partners, farmers, tenants and the wider community. There are opportunities, such as the region’s bid to become a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and challenges such as the continued risk of flooding and a changing farming economy following Brexit. This role will make a significant positive difference to how we communicate about our work in the Lake District and beyond.
Offered full-time on an 18 month fixed term basis, you’ll be managing PR & Communications in the Lake District for three days per week and for two days you will be working as a North-wide consultant in a job share with the PR & Communications Consultant (North), who is returning to work from maternity leave. Flexible working/job share will be considered for this position.
Ideally you would be based in the Trust’s Grasmere office but potentially you could be based from any of the National Trust’s other regional offices: Altrincham, Manchester, Newcastle or York. You would need to be able to easily travel to and within the Lake District as well as across the North.
- Someone with an excellent track record of securing positive media coverage as well as experience of putting in place the relationships and plans to mitigate reputational risk for the National Trust.
- Someone with good PR contacts across the North and nationally, preferably with a working knowledge of the Lake District and the issues affecting the area.
- Able to demonstrate experience of managing crisis PR and be able to inform and develop our issues management processes and plans.
- Can work with colleagues to identify great content and elevate these to achieve regional and national media coverage.
- Knowledge and experience of creating PR & Communications plans as well as stakeholder analysis and stakeholder management plans, and delivering these on time and to budget.
- Take a flexible approach to work.
Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership.
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness.
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking.
Closing Date: 12th March 2017
For more information and to apply for this role please follow http://bit.ly/2lKWOeF