c£120,000 + Benefits
The National Trust aspires to be outstanding in its curatorship of places – which is why it is transforming its curatorial strategy. By combining scholarly knowledge and research with a compelling, inspiring visitor experience, we will make sure that all generations are able to explore and enjoy our cultural heritage. In order to achieve our ambitions, we need a Director of Curation & Experience to join us and lead outstanding curatorship right across the National Trust.
What you’ll do
Working closely with all members of the Executive Team, you will lead and integrate Curation and Experience activities across the organisation. Helping us highlight the significance of our special places through innovative interpretation, you will oversee the creation of inspiring experiences through insight, enthusiasm and collaboration. This is an incredible opportunity to help us create and deliver historically accurate, emotionally rewarding and intellectually stimulating experiences across the Trust. And we will give you the freedom you need as you help us present these wonderful places to an increasingly diverse range of visitors – inspiring them and encouraging them to support our cause.
We are looking for a contemporary, outward-looking leader. A visionary who can inspire and guide others. Someone with flair and imagination who can not only help us better present and interpret our places and objects, but also do so in ways that are relevant to our diverse range of visitors. So alongside your extensive experience, you will understand what we need to do to be at the cutting edge of imaginative, exciting presentation and engagement.
The skills, experience and knowledge we are looking for include:
- This is a Board role so we are looking for someone who will contribute to the development of wider organisational strategy and implementation. Strong financial management skills are
- You will have the curatorial, collections, conservation and/or historic site interpretation experience but you will also see the bigger picture – the connections across the organisation.
- You are innovative and you channel your expertise into interpretation; and your knowledge of visitor experience work is strong.
- You are a leader and an influencer. In managing change – you take people with you – which means you have great communication skills. You can manage multi-disciplined teams sometimes in remote environments.
- You will be recognised as an expert – shaping the direction of curatorship. You will be used to working with internal and external stakeholders, and will energetically promote the Trust and its work.
The package includes a salary at c£120,000, private medical cover, bi-annual health screening, pension scheme with a generous matched contribution rate and other benefits.
To apply for this vacancy simply click on this link http://bit.ly/2fAe4Os
You’ll have the opportunity to add both a C.V. and a covering letter.
Closing date: 1st December 2016
Initial meetings are scheduled for London on 21st December 2016
If you have any questions about the role or the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org