Location: Streamline, Paintworks, Bristol BS4 3AS.
Salary: c. £32,000 – £35,000 p.a.
The Head of Engagement will be responsible for identifying, developing and delivering opportunities for children who have barriers to taking part in NCO and/or are currently under-represented at NCO, in order that they will experience, participate and/or progress through NCO at a regional and national level. The Head of Engagement will develop an increasing network of meaningful relationships with the UK music education sector, placing the interests of children at the centre of partnership development and advocating widely for NCO.
- In collaboration with the Chief Executive and Artistic and Educational Director, to develop NCO’s the strategy for engagement as we evolve our programme, processes and profile over the next five years
- To identify, develop and nurture relationships with partner organisations, Music Education Hubs, music education programmes, Sector Support Organisations, schools and venues
- In collaboration with the Communications Director, develop NCO’s recruitment strategy, working with organisations to create long-lasting partnerships and pathways into, through and beyond NCO for children currently under-represented in our programme
- In collaboration with the Chief Executive and Artistic and Educational Director to devise, develop and help deliver (with the Head of Safeguarding and Support and the Operations team) new orchestral/ensemble activities that represent exemplary partnership working and achieve maximum impact for young musicians taking part and for the wider sector
- In collaboration with the Communications Director, identify, develop and help deliver (with the Head of Safeguarding and Support and our Operations team) opportunities for wider community engagement with NCO’s programme so that more people experience NCO’s programmes and concerts, for example schools, care homes and community centres
- To be committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and to support NCO’s growth as we move forward in this area.
- To represent NCO within local, regional and national arts education sectors, building a significant network of partners and contacts and enhancing NCO’s profile
- To work with all relevant colleagues and partners to ensure that NCO activities comply with the key policies of Safeguarding, Child Protection and Data Protection.
- To work closely with the Communications Team, in the development and implementation of strategies to strengthen communication with children and their families as well to support marketing and press for all NCO engagement activities.
- To agree and review all assigned budgets in liaison with relevant team members.
- To take a data-led approach, ensuring detailed monitoring, evaluation and reporting to inform future strategy, to support our organisational profile and reporting to stakeholders.
- Any other duties required, commensurate with the level of the post.
For more information and how to apply, please download the job pack from our website: www.nco.org.uk/contact/work-with-us/administrative-team
The deadline for applications is noon on Monday 5th December.