We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Executive Director to work under the overall direction of the Managing Director in furthering the mission of Music in Offices. The newly appointed Executive Director will be responsible for day-to-day management of MIO’s staff, office and operations, and will help shape the future strategy of MIO (now in it’s 10th year).
The principal purposes and responsibilities of the role are:
- To direct and manage the day-to-day operations of MIO
- To ensure excellent delivery of all contracted services to all existing clients and members; to nurture these relationships and to be proactive in promoting and selling additional MIO services to these clients and members
- To support the MD by following through all initial contacts made by the MD with potential new clients and members, including the preparation of proposals, pitching, negotiations and all other work required in completing new contracts
Specific duties include the following:
- To build and maintain relationships with MIO’s partner orchestras, charities, members, clients and suppliers
- To engage with social media on a regular basis and always be content driven
- To develop the community amongst MIO members and staff by initiating meet ups, drinks events and music events
- To develop new services within the strategy set by the MD and implement and communicate them
- To produce events along with production sheets, timelines and budgets
- To ensure the smooth running of MIO’s office
- Close working relationship with the MD and Chairs of Boards
- Management of staff and freelance service-providers. Liasing with conservatoires to source new conductors and teachers and ensuring all depping is properly managed
- Working with external consultants, choral advisors, and associated charities
- Representing MIO at concerts, HR events, benefits fairs, lunch&learn talks, as needed.
Skills and Knowledge required:
- Degree-level education essential. Professional qualification desirable
- Musical skills and/or knowledge and understanding
- Minimum 5 years business management, including HR experience
- Proficient in InDesign
- Social media proficient (active and correct use of LinkedIn/twitter/fb)
- Video promo editing/youtube uploading
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be used to working to very high-standards of delivery
Terms of employment
For individual discussion with short listed candidates. The post will initially be part-time, (3 days a week) but with the prospect of becoming full-time later.
FTE Salary guideline: £45k-£50k
Position starts January.
Please send your CV and a statement of 500/750 words outlining why you want to work for MIO and how you meet the specification. Please also supply contact details for two referees.
Address for applications: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: October 2nd
First interviews date: October 12th (central London)
Second interviews (if applicable) October 26th (central London)
var ClickMeter_pixel_url = ‘//pixel.watch/gjhb’;