We are looking for a highly motivated individual to help us transform the way we work with our visitors, inspiring everyone to explore the meaning of home.
c. £30,000 per year with generous pension and holiday
End of Sunday 2 February 2020
Interviews will be held during week commencing 24 February 2020
35 hours per week, over five days (Monday to Sunday). Two rostered rest days per week. The role requires some out of hours working to cover events.
About the role
This role will shape the visitor experience for when we reopen in summer 2020 after a period of closure for our capital development.
The main tasks will be:
- recruit and lead a new team of staff and volunteers
- create a successful visitor experience with tours, talks and engagement
- set up systems and procedures to ensure the smooth running of the department
- contribute to the strategic direction of the department
- manage budgets including forecasting, staffing and financial reporting
- set targets for income generation and donations in support of the business plan.
You’ll be a people person and an experienced people manager. You will have a track record of inspiring visitor engagement, audience diversity and inclusion, and be able to offer our visitors a great day out.
You will be able to show you can:
- manage, develop and motivate a team of visitor-facing staff and volunteers
- develop visitor engagement opportunities for diverse audiences
- work collaboratively to offer a seamless visitor experience
- support a busy events programme
- set up administrative systems
- keep policies and procedures up to date
- manage staffing levels, set rosters and produce reports
- manage budgets
- increase income and donations
- maintain health and safety standards
- manage incidents, emergencies and safeguarding issues.
For more information and to apply, visit www.museumofthehome.org.uk/what-we-do/jobs/
var ClickMeter_pixel_url = ‘//pixel.watch/3c2g’;