We are looking for a creative retail expert to help deliver the new Museum of the Home retail experience.
c£28,000 per year with generous pension and holiday.
End of Sunday (11.59 pm), 9 February 2020.
Interviews will be held during the week commencing 24 February 2020.
35 hours per week, including two rostered rest days. The role requires some out of hours working to cover events.
About the role
This role will create an inspiring shopping experience for all our visitors when the Museum reopens in summer 2020 after a period of closure for our capital development.
The main tasks will be:
- Recruit and lead the retail team to deliver excellent customer service
- Develop excellent relationships with suppliers
- Analyse sales and customer data to ensure the shop is profitable
- Contribute to the product range to build the brand of the Museum of the Home
- Deliver high standards of presentation throughout the shop to enhance the customer experience and maximise sales
- Co-ordinate effective stock control and financial management.
You’ll be a retail expert who thrives in a busy, visitor-focussed environment. You’ll have a track record of motivating staff, delivering commercial success and a great customer experience.
You will be able to show you can:
- Manage, develop and motivate a team
- Meet commercial targets
- Create an exciting retail offer for a wide range of people
- Work collaboratively with colleagues
- Establish and deliver efficient financial processes
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Prioritise and take a flexible approach to problem-solving
- Respond to customer needs and wider trends.
For more information and to apply, visit www.museumofthehome.org.uk/what-we-do/jobs/
var ClickMeter_pixel_url = ‘//pixel.watch/3x5w’;