Salary Range: Job Family Level 8, point 1 – £25,419
Hours: Full time (some evening and weekend working required)
Contract: Fixed Term Contract – 12 months
Purpose of the Role
Providing maternity cover for our current Projects Officer, setting up, managing, and monitoring the progress of the organisation and delivery of the Hertfordshire Music Service Gala Concerts for Schools at the Royal Albert Hall (among other, smaller concerts where needed). Responsible for all elements of musical and project management in line with departmental requirements.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Manage the planning and organisation for Hertfordshire Music Service Gala Concerts for Schools at the Royal Albert Hall and other large scale music projects as required
- To take overall responsibility in organising the musical content, technical requirements, liaison with schools, devise schedules, stage plans, production of music teaching pack ensuring copyright permissions, publicity posters and programme book, the ticket line including VIP tickets, T-shirts for all participants
- To prepare and monitor project documentation and project plans
- To be responsible for risk management within the project, ensuring issues are regularly monitored and resolved in consultation with the leadership team
- Monitor and report progress against key dates and milestones
- Undertake research utilising new technology and using project management tools available. Analyse information and data, produce reports and highlighting relevant issues and concerns which relate to the needs of the service
- Independently manage elements of the Gala project ensuring a consistent approach is applied. Maintain group involvement by collaborating and communicating with a variety of stakeholders to ensure key priorities are met for the Service
- Efficiently manage and oversee the allocation of funds relating to the project to include, placing orders, tracking invoices and monitoring spend against budget.
The duties and responsibilities listed above describe the post as it is at present. The post holder is expected to accept any reasonable alterations that may from time to time be necessary.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Lucy Buckland on Lucy.Buckland@hertfordshire.gov.uk
Click here for more information and to apply.
Closing date: Sunday 2nd October 2022
Interview date: week commencing 10th October 2022