Salary: £38,103 per annum
Contract type: Permanent
Application closing date: Thursday, 21 September 2023 – 23:59.
Interview date: Tuesday 10 October & Wednesday 11 October 2023.
About the role
The Events for London team are seeking 2 x Events Coordinators to play a key role in delivering the Mayor of London’s Events programme. This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a busy team, delivering some of London’s most exciting and high-profile live public events.
The Events for London team plan, manage and deliver the Mayor of London’s events programme, which enhances and enriches London with free events that celebrate diverse cultures and bring Londoners together from across the city from different communities. It includes over 40 events including London’s spectacular New Year’s Eve firework display, engages with an audience of over 3 million people, features collaborations with over 50 event partners and generates an estimated economic impact of £45m.
We are seeking candidates with strong project management experience that can support the delivery of indoor and outdoor events. They will also need experience of managing relationships with external stakeholders, including London’s diverse communities. Strong written and oral communication skills are also a must.
The role will work across several projects supporting Event Managers and Senior Events Officers to deliver events of all sizes and scale. From working on project documents and supporting community advisory groups to managing activations on Trafalgar Square and event registration desks – no two days will be the same! You will be joining a fast-working environment and will need to have initiative, be organised, and have strong written and oral communication skills.
- The Events Coordinator will provide project-management support to the delivery of events within a portfolio of the Mayor of London’s events programme. Portfolios include Major events and supporting city events, Community events and Ceremonial and statutory events.
- Work with colleagues in the Events for London team on the Mayor of London’s events programme, and other events to be delivered or supported by the GLA.
- Support the development, logistics and project management of the Mayor of London’s events programme.
- Take responsibility for project managing some smaller events or components of larger events, including reaching costing and budgeting for these activities.
- Maintain appropriate budget and finance records across a range of events; and supporting other team members to ensure all activities are effectively planned, delivered to the critical path and evaluated.
- Support the Events for London team with database management, key executive tasks and on-site management.
- Support the management of agreed events, including liaison with relevant licensing authorities, transport providers, emergency services and other organisations involved in the management of agreed events and activities.
- Work closely with other directorates within the GLA – in particular, marketing, digital, culture, communities and international teams, as well as legal and finance – in ensuring events are lawful, financially viable and well publicised.
- Support the integration of the Mayor of London’s events programme into the overall promotion and marketing of the city through liaison with teams in External Relations Unit, and wider GLA, London and Partners, and community groups.
- Respond to letters and queries from the public relating to agreed events, proposed events and policy matters in relation to events, in liaison with the appropriate event producers.
This role is based at City Hall, in the Royal Docks (Kamal Chunchie Way, London, E16 1Z).
Applications submitted without a Covering Letter will not be considered.
GLA staff are hybrid working up to 3 days a week in our offices and remotely depending on their role. As part of this, you will need to split your time between home working and coming into the office.
London’s diversity is its biggest asset and we strive to ensure our workforce reflects London’s diversity at all levels. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability.
We particularly encourage applications from Black, Asian and Minority ethnic candidates and disabled candidates who are currently underrepresented in our workforce.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We would welcome applications from candidates who are seeking part time work as this role is open to job share.
In addition to a good salary package, we offer an attractive range of benefits including 30 days’ annual leave, interest free season ticket loan, interest free bicycle loan and a career average pension scheme.
On this recruitment campaign, as part of GLA’s continuing commitment to be an inclusive and equal opportunity employer we will be removing personal identifiable information from CVs and covering letters that could cause discrimination.
Reasonable adjustment will be made to working arrangements to accommodate a person with a disability who otherwise would be prevented from undertaking the work.
If you have a question about the role or would like to discuss it informally, please feel free to contact Sam Douglas, Events Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a call.