Garsington Opera is seeking a highly motivated person to join our administrative team. We are looking for an efficient, personable administrator with excellent communication skills to work within both the Membership/Box Office department and Development team.
Garsington Opera is a prestigious festival with performances in June – July at Wormsley, near Stokenchurch, producing four opera productions each year. Exciting partnerships have been established recently with the RSC, Rambert, The English Concert and Philharmonia Orchestra. This is a great opportunity to join a small, energetic team with the chance to be involved in a variety of tasks at a time of expansion and development.
Post: Membership/Box Office & Development Administrator
Reporting to: Operations Manager & Director of Development & Communications
Salary: £19,000 – £24,000 depending on experience
Application deadline: 5pm, 25th February 2020
Interviews: 3rd and 4th March 2020
Start date: 16th April 2020
Our office hours are 9.30 – 5.30, Monday – Friday in the opera offices in Great Milton, Oxfordshire, except during the opera season when hours/days are extended and include evenings and weekends on site at the Wormsley Estate as well as occasional events in Oxford and London.
Membership/Box Office Assistant
Working as a key member of our busy Box Office and Membership team:
- Communicating with members and the public on the telephone and email
- Updating membership information and enquiries on Tessitura database
- Producing membership figures and reports
- Administration of tickets using Tessitura database
- Processing payments
- Running ticket reports as requested
- Running the Box Office on site during the opera season
- Running the administration of the GO35 membership scheme
- Contributing to GO social media campaigns
Supporting the Development team with efficient administration in all areas including:
- Recording and reviewing information on Tessitura, including donations and pledges
- Running efficient follow-up schedules
- Recording donor correspondence
- Tracking grant applications
- Undertaking prospect research
- Administration of stewardship & cultivation events throughout the year
- Administration of all guest invitations and logistics
- Compiling supporter lists
- Other administrative tasks as required
- Excellent administration, computer and Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills, diplomacy and confidence in liaising with people
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent time management, with ability to multitask, balancing and prioritising workload
- Able to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends as appropriate
- Own transport essential
- A knowledge of and passion for music.
- Previous experience with working on a database
- Previous administrative experience
- Previous experience working in the arts
- Good digital skills and a flair for social media
Please send a CV and covering letter of no more than one page outlining why you are interested in the position and your relevant experience to email@example.com.
Or: Garsington Opera, The Old Garage, The Green, Great Milton, Oxfordshire, OX44 7NP
var ClickMeter_pixel_url = ‘//pixel.watch/xjs1’;