Garsington Opera is a prestigious festival with performances in June-July each year. In 2011 the festival relocated to the Getty family estate at Wormsley, near Stokenchurch, following 21 years at Garsington Manor. The Administration Office is located in Great Milton, Oxfordshire.
Department: Membership Development
Line Manager: Director of Development and Communications
Salary: £23,000-£28,000 dependent on experience
Application deadline: 5pm 18 August 2020
Garsington Opera is seeking a proactive and creative Digital Marketing Manager to develop the organisation’s social media and short-form video output within the company’s communications strategy. Working with the Director of Development & Communications, and in liaison with the Press & PR Consultant, the post holder will be responsible for engaging and growing our online community through producing content across all channels, using existing digital material as well as creating new engaging work.
Reporting to the Director of Development & Communications, the role involves video editing, web development, mass email design and social media content creation.
- Develop and manage a programme of content to inform and enhance the experience of our audience and online community.
- Ensure that the organisation is using all social channels to their fullest potential, engaging with users and developing a look/feel for the organisation’s content on each platform.
- Sustaining and growing the engagement and reach of the organisation’s content worldwide.
- Be proactive in identifying and adopting new media, when appropriate, to ensure that the organisation is at the forefront of digital developments.
Website & Email Development
- Keep the organisation’s website up-to-date with engaging content/news, ensuring that regular maintenance on older pages is conducted to make the site easy to use.
- Monitor SEO & Google Adwords to improve search results, efficiently bringing the relevant content to each user when browsing.
- Create and develop mass-email templates, including segmenting data and using triggered emails.
- Ensure that the organisation’s web presence is maintained to the latest security and GDPR regulations.
Video Creation & Editing
- Create new video content for the organisation’s YouTube & social channels, including but not limited to interviews, digital panel events, short performances, education films.
- Edit and clip existing material for use on social channels.
- Continue to develop new ideas for film-based content, dependant on analytics, engagement and artistic resources available.
- Create digital programmes / adverts / brochures to be shared online, by email or placed in other publications, showcasing the organisation’s work or promoting future projects.
- Oversee the creation of printed marketing material where required.
- An excellent communicator, with a creative flair.
- Proven skills in social media deployment.
- Experience of creating and editing short-form film for online use.
- Experience of working with a wide range of people, including artists / performers.
- Good time management skills with the ability to prioritise multiple requirements, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent IT skills, capable of comprehending a complex database, completing mail merges, updating web pages and using MS Office applications.
- Good writing skills with an ability to summarise key information concisely.
- Close attention to detail, preferably with experience of proof reading.
- An adaptable team player who is comfortable working as part of a busy team, but also able to work independently.
- Confident and well presented with a professional manner.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when required.
- Ability to handle sensitive material with confidentiality.
- Knowledge of using Tessitura, Raiser’s Edge or similar database.
- Knowledge of using Drupal, WordPress or similar CMS.
- Interest in, or knowledge of, opera and classical music.
- Full UK driving licence and own transport.
Please email a copy of your CV and a one-page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to Helen Kirkaldie (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please also include links to recent successful social media campaigns/content and a short video showreel of filmmaking work. Please include ‘Digital Marketing Manager’ in the subject line of the email. Email is preferred but, if this is not possible, you may submit your application by post to: Helen Kirkaldie, Garsington Opera, The Old Garage, Great Milton, Oxford OX44 7NP
For more information about Garsington Opera, please visit the website.