From £20,000 (pro-rated to £12,000 for three days)
We are looking for an enthusiastic and pro-active Programme Officer to act as a champion for First Story and creative writing in the South West, based in Bristol or surrounds. This is a critical role in the Programme Team to help deliver our activities as part of a major Creative Writing in Schools Strategic fund from Arts Council England.
The post-holder will:
• Set up and co-ordinate the day-to-day administration and logistics of the writing residency programme in the South West, including monitoring budgets, conducting site visits, supporting with writer training and advising, holding region-wide meetings, and supporting on the anthology publication and evaluation processes.
• Identify prospective eligible schools and writers, and work to cultivate strong relationships to ensure the organisation meets its delivery targets for the number of residencies in the region.
• Establish and build relationships with regional stakeholders including funders, schools, regional partners (charitable and corporate), local authorities, high-profile individuals and other charitable organisations.
• Deliver region-wide writing events for young people participating in First Story at a key cultural venue and region-wide CPD events for teachers and writers.
• In the future, recruit a Regional Advisory Panel (a group of key supporters designed to feed into development plans for the region) and serve as the key liaison point between the central office and the Panel.
• fulfil other responsibilities contributing to the strategic, national objectives and activities of the organization as required.
For further information, please download the full job description
To apply, please send a cover letter (with ref: Programme Officer South West in the subject line) and your CV to Nicki Shore: email@example.com
Closing date: 5.00pm on Friday 20th October 2017.
Interview date: Monday 30th October in Bristol.
var ClickMeter_pixel_url = ‘//pixel.watch/bee0’;