Starting at £40,000 commensurate with experience (pro-rated to £32,000 for 4 days)
We are looking for an experienced and skilled Head of Programmes who is committed to First Story’s vision. This is a wide-ranging role that informs programme strategy and design, and manages the programme team who oversee programme delivery across the country.
As our Head of Programmes, you will:
- feed into and implement the long-term programme strategy, targets and work with the Executive Director, Senior Management Team and the Board of Trustees to inform the overall strategic direction of the charity;
- line manage the Programme Managers and oversee the programme team, setting targets to ensure that all programmes are delivered to expectations and that we are extending our impact more widely in the school.
- act as one of the leading representatives for First Story, maintaining strong national and regional programme partnerships within the literature sector;
- oversee the programme budget and feed into the organisation’s budget-setting, fundraising and reporting processes;
- oversee First Story’s evaluation strategy;
- update the board on progress against targets;
- fulfil other responsibilities as outlined in the First Story Accountability and Responsibility Document and contributing to the overall work of the organization as required.
For further information, please download the full job description.
To apply, please email Mónica Parle at email@example.com with a CV, and a cover letter detailing your suitability for this role, why it interests you and how First Story/it fits into your career progression, with the ref ‘Head of Programmes’ in the subject line.
The closing date for the role will be Friday, 30th June 2017 at 5pm. Interviews will be held in central London.