Commonwealth Writers is looking for a dynamic, imaginative, and experienced, project manager to join a small team based in London.
Key projects include a radio initiative in Bangladesh and a short film scheme in the Pacific islands.
Commonwealth Writers is the cultural initiative of the Commonwealth Foundation. It works with writers and dramatists across 53 Commonwealth countries to enhance their craft, but also to support the growth of creative sectors where there are none, eg. Publishing in the Caribbean, film in the Pacific. Our growing online community is global.
Please only apply if you:
– Have experience of initiating and managing a range of creative and other (eg. Funding) partnerships.
– Have experience of developing new writers (in any medium/genre), eg. In a workshop or other environment outside the UK.
– Are interested in working for an international development organisation.
– Have spent time (months, not weeks) working or living outside the UK.
– Have evidence of resourcefulness and initiative.
– Are prepared for international travel.
– Enjoy working in a small, collaborative team.
– Have a well developed sense of humour.
We’re interested in hearing from you if you’re interested in this as a full time, employee role. Also, if you are a consultant who is interested in this as a 6 month contract (this would not affect your IR35 status). A willingness for international travel on short term field assignments is essential. Ideally, immediate start required.
Closing Date: November 11th 2015
Salary & Key Benefits:
• In the region of £35,000pa to £37,000pa depending on experience
• 15% of gross salary in a tax free gratuity payment (can be used for personal pension scheme and available to withdraw every 3 years)
• Holiday allowance of 30 days (plus 8 bank holidays and 4 privilege days)