Department of Environment & Sport
1 x 37 hours
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY
Bradford Theatres are looking to recruit an experienced Marketing & Press Officer.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic Marketing & Press team working on a wide variety of show campaigns and other projects across the four venues under the Bradford Theatres umbrella:
Alhambra Theatre, St George’s Hall, The Studio in the city centre and King’s Hall & Winter Garden at Ilkley.
This is an exciting time of growth at Bradford Theatres, as St George’s Hall undergoes a £4 million transformation; and the Alhambra Theatre, regarded as Yorkshire’s premier receiving venue, enjoys visits this year by major West End and international shows including Billy Elliot, Wicked and Mary Poppins, as well as one of the most popular annual pantomimes in the UK.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to continue a career in communications, working with large scale visiting production companies such as the National Theatre, Royal Shakespeare Company, Cameron Mackintosh Ltd, Northern Ballet, Matthew Bourne’s New Adventures and The Dance Consortium. There is also a wide variety of medium and small scale shows which visit the venues, including the best of British music, top stand up comedians and one of the UK’s longest running Orchestral Seasons, with the Hallé as resident orchestra.
The post involves:
- delivering fully integrated marketing and press campaigns in line with the overall vision of Bradford Theatres and its communications objectives
- devising and implementing research and analysis activity, including show specific pieces of research and longer-term in depth projects in line with Bradford Theatres marketing objectives
- assisting in the development of Bradford Theatres digital strategy and to advise on new developments and opportunities for the use of new digital technologies
- maximising positive media coverage for Bradford Theatres relating to the shows and events provided
- monitoring outcomes and delivering projects within budget and to tight deadlines
The post holder must demonstrate a proven track record and extensive experience of working in a marketing or press role – ideally within the arts/leisure sector, preferably a theatre. You must have a relevant marketing qualification and be flexible in working arrangements in order to meet important deadlines and attend regular press nights and events (which take place during evenings, weekends and bank holidays).
The role is essentially self-supervising and the post holder is expected to show a high degree of initiative, making decisions within broad guidelines. You must show resilience under pressure and adapt working practices in line with changing service needs, working collaboratively within and across teams/services. Individuals are expected to maintain effective communications with external agencies, suppliers, media, production companies, performance artists and customers, acting with courtesy and professionalism at all times.
Bradford Theatres are TMA/UK Theatre Award Winners: Achievement in Marketing & Most Welcoming Theatre; and White Rose Arts & Culture Award Finalist.
If you require further information regarding this post, please contact Elizabeth Hall on 01274 437522.
To apply, please visit the website.
Closing Date: 12th September 2016