Starting salary of £24,880 per annum inclusive of London Weighting
The Barbican’s goal is to inspire more people to discover and love the arts.
We attract new audiences and participants, creating inspiring arts experiences for all. From first encounters to higher education programmes, we develop interests, skills, confidence and careers.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, inquisitive and self-motivated individual to join our Marketing Team as the Membership Events and Marketing Assistant. You’ll be a great communicator, enjoy developing great working relationships, and be comfortable with juggling shifting priorities and tight deadlines. Even better, you’ll be a great planner, so those tight deadlines are few and far between.
Our ideal candidate will be passionate about the arts and interested in membership, events and/or marketing. This role also involves doing several admin tasks, such as updating the website and raising purchase orders, which are crucial to the smooth running of marketing activity and our team’s objectives.
Day to day, you’ll be working on tasks such as:
- Writing copy and selecting images for webpages and email newsletters
- Creating briefs and booking in design jobs with our in-house Design studio
- Collaborating closely with colleagues from across the Barbican Centre, as well as external partners
- Checking room availability and booking event details in our event management system
- Providing excellent customer service to Members via email, the phone and face-to-face
- Working on cross artform projects within the Marketing team
- A complete description of the role is detailed in the attached job information pack.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A genuine interest in the arts sector, membership and/or marketing
- Terrific writing skills, namely the ability to communicate what’s valuable to our audience
- Great verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team, building good working relationships internally and externally
- Self-motivated, inquisitive and able to act on own initiative
- Good attention to detail
- Flexibility and the ability to schedule and prioritise complex workloads
- Understanding of digital marketing and social media
- Understanding of and demonstrable interest in planning and delivering events
- A hunger to learn and improve
Please note, the role will require flexible working hours including evening and weekends to deliver Member events.
It is not essential for you to have 100% of these attributes – we encourage you to apply if you are strong in some skills and would like to further develop others.
We welcome applications from anyone who isn’t currently working in the arts or marketing already – as this is an entry-level position, your ability to demonstrate your interest and your transferable skills are of more importance.
For more information and to apply, visit jobs.cityoflondon.gov.uk
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12pm (midday), 2 May 2022
The Barbican is committed to Equal Opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Photo: Max Colson