Current Vacancies at Sage Gateshead
Introduction to Sage Gateshead
Founded in 2004, Sage Gateshead has an international reputation as a new centre for music combining performance, education and participation working across a wide range of musical genres and reaching a broad audience. It is also one of the region’s leading conference centres. Founded with a mixed business model, the charity’s turnover of £15million combines, box office, commercial, fundraised income with public subsidy.
Sage Gateshead runs:
- Royal Northern Sinfonia, the UK’s only full time contract chamber orchestra
- One of the largest Music Learning & Participation Programmes in the UK
- A Performance Programme of events and festivals across musical genres (folk, classical, rock, indie, jazz, electronic) for 360 days of the year
- One of the biggest conference and events businesses in the region
- A folk development agency, Folkworks
- An iconic visitor attraction, designed by Foster + Partners on the banks of the Tyne with a large public space, three auditoriums and 25 learning spaces.
- A series of railway arch spaces
In 2014 Sage Gateshead completed its first decade. During this period the charity had:
- 6 million visitors
- 1.5 million participants
- 1000 conferences
- 4000 concerts
- £283 million of economic benefit to the region
In 2016/17 Sage Gateshead delivered:
- 451 Concerts
- 10,609 Workshops
- 112 Conferences & Events
Sage Gateshead is committed to providing employment offering a rewarding work-life balance in an atmosphere aimed at encouraging personal and career development.
We think this is a great place to work and an ideal place to start, develop or conclude your working life.